9/3/10

8/27 A-9/1 B

8/27 A-9/1 B English III

Conference with Ms. Batten about Exit slip 1 before turning into basket.

Exit slip 1:1)What are context clues 2)How can context clues help me find the meanings of unfamilar words? 3)Did I pass FCAT reading? 4)If not, by how much and why not? If so by how much and what helped?

Class Procedures reviewed by teacher explaining entire handout. Reminder to turn in info sheet.

Group Rules/Procedures reviewed by Class.

Reminder that there will be a test next week on group/class rules and procedures given orally to each student.

Pretest-Students who didn't pass start A1-context lesson
Students scoring high enough should read. Documented if they don't.

Reading Entries 1-3 Due 9/1 B. Reviewed again how to do.
-Mininum or 10 pages read per entry
-min of 5 inferences each entry
-page to page listed each entry
-one sentence summary each entry
-If you switch books, reflect on log
-# each entry
-Due in basket on due date, even if not asked for
-Must do at home, if not enough time in class

EXAMPLE R1- Title: A Prayer for Owen Meany Author: John Irving

Pg /quote/ inference/ extra
1 "doomed" I predict.. No, actually...
2 "blah.." I infer...
2 "blah.." I guess.. Yes, I was right
4 "blah.." I infer..
5 "blah.." I guess..

Pg 1 to 10

The narrator of the story introduces us to Owen Meany, a small friend who helped him believe in God.

Teacher monitored student reading notes and conferenced at desks of off-task students

Some group duties assigned.

Closing: Reminder to read Class Procedures; Parent Info Sheet; Expectations next week.