8/26/10

8/25 A-8/26 B English III

Take out a piece of paper and copy Exit slip 1. Copy all questions and leave room for answers.

Exit slip 1:1)What are context clues 2)How can context clues help me find the meanings of unfamilar words? 3)Did I pass FCAT reading? 4)If not, by how much and why not? If so by how much and what helped?

Class Procedures group presentations-Reminder that there is an expectation that students follow procedures and rules the next class.

Pretest-Postest grading system and procedure explained.

Pretest---->Below 70 percent-mandatory lesson/work filed in portfolio under same # as pretest------>Post-test part of the 80 percent of grade--->Remediation (Florida Acheives-2 assessments) Retest

Reading Entries 1-3 Due 8/31 A-9/1 B
-Mininum or 10 pages read per entry
-min of 5 inferences each entry
-page to page listed each entry
-one sentence summary each entry
-If you switch books, reflect on log
-# each entry
-Due in basket on due date, even if not asked for
-Must do at home, if not enough time in class

EXAMPLE R1- Title: A Prayer for Owen Meany Author: John Irving

Pg /quote/ inference/ extra
1 "doomed" I predict.. No, actually...
2 "blah.." I infer...
2 "blah.." I guess.. Yes, I was right
4 "blah.." I infer..
5 "blah.." I guess..

Pg 1 to 10

The narrator of the story introduces us to Owen Meany, a small friend who helped him believe in God.

Closing: Reminder to read Class Procedures; Parent Info Sheet; Expectations next week.