10/30/07

English II Honors 10/31A 11/1 B

Comparison/Contrast Essay- 2 pieces of Art Due

Journal#18- WW2
6)Write complete thoughts. Don't: To the store. Sports,girls, and watching t.v.
7)Write more and elaborate thoughts. Don't: I like school because its fun.
8)Use appropriate transitions to introduce ideas and to connect ideas.
9)Avoid slang and writing the way you speak Don't: Like for real though. I mean seriously. Yo Dawg you off the chain.
10)Just Say No to Rerun sentences. Don't:In my spare time, I like to play sports basketball and football are my favorites.

R#18-Multiple (Asking Questions, Inferring, Visualizing, Making Connections) As you read, document any of the strategies you use.
EX:
Pg 5 to 23

Pg quote/word strategy extra
5 ruby red I saw bright red, sparkling shoes this is also contains
alliteration

7 sycophant Does this word refer to a person No, it is a person that
who is generous? flatters another
for a personal reason

8 smelly socks I can connect with this because self-to-self
my brother throws his socks on
my bed to aggravate me

14 don't talk about I infer they don't talk about I was wrong. He left the
that the father's accident because family
he died recently

17 refuse/discuss Why would she refuse to tell her She said it's because
where her father is if she knows? she doesn't want her to
be disappointed if he doesn't
want to speak to her

By Any Other Name- Checked completely during reading
Email addresses updated for Online Gradebook
By Any Other Name review

Discuss- Things that make students laugh

Clip- Seinfeld Episode "The Chinese Woman" or The Office "Diversity Day"
Discuss what about the episode was humorous

Dave Barry Does Japan -Chunk wkbk 41-47 (Some students will read the chunks, other students lead discussion)
Handout- All students take notes- handout stapled in wkbk